- Bozoma Saint John took the best marketing task at Netflix practically a year in the past.
- She’s due to the fact poached players from Spotify and Condé Nast’s Allure for vital positions.
- Insider has identified nine best marketers below Saint John.
- See far more stories on Insider’s organization web page.
built 1 of its biggest latest outside the house hires when it tapped last yr Bozoma Saint John to operate internet marketing.
The former Endeavor, Uber, and Apple exec became Netflix’s CMO in August.
She has because been building a staff of marketers, both of those from inside and outside the streaming firm.
Saint John hired in June Marian Lee Dicus from Spotify to direct Netflix’s advertising endeavours in North America. Later on that similar thirty day period, she poached previous Attract editor Michelle Lee to operate editorial and publishing.
Most of Saint John’s top deputies, which include the people liable for each region Netflix operates in, now seem to be in put.
Her promoting workforce involves:
- Danielle Crook-Davies, VP, EMEA marketing and advertising, who has held the post for about three years. The former Vodafone and Starbucks marketer joined Netflix in 2014. She aided the streamer amass 68.5 million compensated subscribers in the region.
- Marian Lee Dicus, VP, UCAN advertising and marketing, is the previous Spotify exec who joined Netflix in June. She was the world wide co-head of songs in her past position. Prior to that, she was a marketer at J.Crew, on line retailer Gilt Groupe, and Condé Nast. Saint John reported she employed Lee Dicus in part for her various qualified experience.
- Shelly Gillyard, VP, US collection advertising and marketing, is a previous Nike and Nickelodeon exec who moved above to Netflix in March. Saint John praised Gillyard’s “amazing track history of driving discussions” in her use announcement. Gillyard experiences into Lee Dicus.
- Jonathan Helfgot, VP, original movies internet marketing, is accountable for selling Netflix’s movies to a international viewers. He joined Netflix in 2018 from 20th Century Fox. Saint John has explained Helfgot as a “an great and regular leader” inside of the Netflix’s marketing and advertising office. He stories into Lee Dicus.
- Michelle Lee, VP, editorial and publishing, is joining Netflix afterwards this thirty day period to oversee the streamer’s social-media channels such as “Potent Black Direct,” its suite of podcasts, and its other editorial operations like the journal Queue. She was earlier editor-in-main of Condé Nast’s Attract Journal, and held leading roles at Nylon Media and Magnified Media, between other roles.
- Eric Pallotta, VP, model, is accountable for all the streaming service’s model advertising do the job. He most not long ago led the launch of the Netflix marketing campaign, “A single Story Absent.” In advance of Netflix, Pallotta was a director at agency PMK-BNC.
- Vinicius Losacco, VP, LATAM advertising, has served form Netflix’s advertising and brand approach in Latin The usa, exactly where it now has 38 million paid subscribers. He is been with Netflix because 2013, like through the launch of big unique collection in the region like “Narcos” and “La Casa De Papel.”
- Barry Smyth, VP, APAC advertising, has also been a critical marketing and advertising figure within just Netflix for several years. In advance of he was promoted to his present-day write-up, Smyth led Netflix’s marketing partnership efforts to establish buzz for demonstrates like “Stranger Items,” by constrained-version Nike sneakers, Baskin-Robbins ice cream, and co-advertising specials. Smyth held senior roles at Google and Motorola ahead of Netflix.
- Shannon Willett, VP, world marketing tactic and functions, has held a variety of roles through her six-12 months tenure at Netflix, like foremost marketing and advertising teams dependable for North The us, Australia, and New Zealand. She spent seven decades at the advert agency Allied Integrated Advertising and marketing right before Netflix.